NEW DVD

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Great Graphix Challenge

I am participating in the Grafix Challenge
which will be in the May/June issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.
My best friend- Winston Buford posed for me so I
could test out the Computer Transparency Film.
Here's the finished piece. The transparency was attached with thread
on my sewing machine. Below is my test piece with the
printed transparency sewn to a piece of batting.
It was very easy to free-motion around his head.
Here I was testing the Shrink Film by painting tomatoes and a
coffee cup. Easy! In the finished pieces I decided to do buttons.
I loved cutting hearts out with my pinking shears- it produced a beautiful
scalloped edge. (Don't forget to punch holes BEFORE baking!)
Here they are shrunk.

Here are the heart buttons with the scalloped edge.
Computer Transparency Film used for the wedding photo
and attached with ribbons threaded through hole punches.
One more product I tested was Matte Dura-Lar Film.
Great product for tracing photos (right side)
then enlarging the image to your desired size.
(left side)

No comments:

Post a Comment